About this Hosting
HostGator is a global provider of web hosting and related services, founded on October 22, 2002. It is one of the largest and oldest hosting companies on the market. They offer an excellent hosting service, with different hosting plans at affordable prices and easy to use control panels.
The prices of the plans vary according to the characteristics and the type of service to be hired. A prolonged time will give you a better price.
Customize everything with App. You can add customized fields to modify your sales pipeline stages according to your business needs. You can also turn on and off whole modules with just oneclick.back to menu ↑
Their shared web hosting packages come with specific features to start your website, without sacrificing speed or performance. In fact, here is a list of some of the best features they have for clients that can encourage certain with them for their web hosting needs.:
- Unlimited Storage.
- Free Domain
- One clic install apps
- Website Builder
- Free SSL Certificate
- 24/7/365 Chat, Email and phone support
- 99.9% Uptime Commitment
- Free WordPress /cpanel website transfer
- SPAM Assassin Filtering
- Unmetered Bandwidth
- Free SEO Tools
- Dedicated IP (Optional)
- Premiun Services
- Shared Hosting
- Cloud VPS
- Dedicated Server
- SSD Storage: Unlimited
- Unlimited Domains
- Free WordPress/cPanel Website Transfer
- Unmetered Bandwidth
- Domains: Unlimited
- FREE Let’s Encrypt SSL
- Free Domain Included
- Free SEO Tools
- One Click WordPress Installs
- Dedicated IP (Business Plan)
- 2 CPU Core – 4 CPU Cores
- 2 GB RAM – 8 GB RAM
- 80 GB SSD Storage – 160 GB SSD Storage
- 1.5 TB Bandwidth – 3 TB Bandwidth
- Remote Reboots
- Network Bandwidth Graphs
- Direct Console Access
- Automated Operating System Installations
|Shared Hosting||Cloud VPS||Dedicated Server|
|Hatchling $2.75||Snappy 2000 $19.95||Value Server $89,98|
|Baby $3.95||Snappy 4000 $29.95||Power Server $119,89|
|Business $5.95||Snappy 8000 $39,95||Enterprise Server $139.99|
All plans offer multiple options, administration levels and clearly visible features, which will help you succeed on your website. You can make a complete comparison on the official domain.com websiteback to menu ↑
This has been for me the most important Hostgator differential factor for a service in this price range.
Apart from the typical incident “ticket” system, Hostgator has a very good 24 × 7 chat service (and by phone) through which you can immediately contact a technician to resolve any incident or simply to consult doubts, even to ask them to do a somewhat more advanced technical task that you do not see yourself capable of doing, such as, for example, protecting access to a directory on your website with a password.
Personally, I prefer chatting on the phone, because you can continue working on something else while keeping technical attention in the background. Thus, the technician’s times do not become your dead times. Each response from the technician is accompanied by an acoustic signal and this prevents you from getting confused.back to menu ↑
Uptime and Performance
HostGator offers a 99.9% UpTime guarantee, this means that your website will be on the air all the time, offering 100% would be a lie, a 99.9% guarantee means honesty, quality of service and transparency.back to menu ↑
Easy to Use
HostGator features are designed to make your life easier. From creation to account cancellation, the processes are very easy for beginners. Take advantage of one-click installers, managed WordPress hosting, and website building tool, which can help you set it up without any coding or technical expertise.
- Create an account:
- Creating an account with HostGator is ridiculously easy. There are only a few steps in the online registration form and your dashboard is set up for you. Everything is done completely from the browser and you don’t even need to confirm your account by email to finish the process.
- Connecting a domain and installing WordPress
- Thanks to cPanel, the process to connect a domain and install WordPress is easy. It only took a few minutes and I didn’t need any help from customer service. However, if you are a beginner or just want to ask for help in real-time chat while doing so, be prepared for a long wait time.
- Automatic backups
- Plans come with weekly automatic off-site backups. Okay, so that’s not the best backup policy I’ve ever seen (other hosts often include daily backup and restore). However, upon purchase, you can upgrade to CodeGuard Backup and Restore for an additional monthly fee.
- Application hosting
- HostGator plans are compatible with all common applications such as WordPress, Joomla !, Magento and Wiki. If that’s not enough for you, you can install over 75 open source scripts with the one-click installer. It is not the largest premium one-click installer out there (some include 300 – 400 apps), but all popular programs are included.
- Access to cPanel
- If you are a newbie, you will be pleased to see that cPanel is the control panel. Sure, more advanced users may prefer a custom internal panel, but for beginners (or people who want things to just work), cPanel is a recognized, reliable, and easy-to-use option. From here you can access the statistics of your website, configure your password protected directories and personalized error pages.
- Awesome display
- A phone that feels like the future
- Stunning camera
- It’s actually innovative
- Awfully placed fingerprint sensor
- Bixby is a bit of a dud